Going solar has many advantages and it can dramatically reduce the amount of energy you use from the utility company. But for the true success of solar energy, people all over the world need to take three basic steps.
Step 1: Conserving energy means:
· Shut off lights after you use them.
· Turn your furnace down, and turning it off when not in use.
· Use a programmable thermostat.
· Use a barbecue to reduce your summer air conditioning needs.
· Use power strips and turn them off when the appliance is not in use.
Step 2: Improving your energy efficiency means:
· Compact fluorescent lighting, which uses 1/5th of the energy and last 10x longer.
· Energy wisdom with your refrigerator. Have it open as little as possible. Let hot food cool on its own before you put it in the fridge.
· Energy smarts with your freezer. Keep your freezer in a cool spot, so it doesn't have to work as hard.
· Using your microwave. You can save up to 50 percent of your cooking energy costs by using a microwave oven instead of a conventional oven.
· Energy Star appliances use up to 50 percent less electricity than older appliances.
Step 3: Deciding on a solar energy system that fits your needs includes:
· Contact All Energy Solar for your free solar site assessment.
· Finding the size and cost involved and having a budget to match.
· Sizing a solar energy system to fit your needs.
Simple changes to how you use energy and reducing your energy needs are the fastest and cheapest way to reduce your monthly energy bill. When you are ready to purchase a solar system it won't need to be as large, saving you even more money. With the rebates and Tax Credits that are available for solar energy, you could save up to 50% on the cost of your system.